Monday, August 29, 2011

Advanced LASIK laser is coming to Austin

There is always something new and exciting happening at Mann Eye Institute. With so many advancements occurring in the field of refractive surgery, I and my fellow surgeons at Mann Eye Institute have been busy researching these new technologies and learning how they’ll improve outcomes for our patients.

Two weeks ago, I had the opportunity to perform a LASIK procedure with our new Wavelight FS 200, a femtosecond laser. The FS 200 laser is utilized to create the corneal flap during step one of the LASIK procedure. It was an awesome experience for both my patients and me! The FS 200 is faster than our previous laser, which means a more accurate and safer procedure for our patients as well.

One thing that stood out to me is that immediately following the procedure, my patient’s corneal flap was clearer. The precision of this procedure should allow for patients to have a quicker visual recovery and a greater “wow” factor when they first sit up and realize they can see.

I am very excited about the results we are going to be getting with this new femtosecond laser. We at Mann Eye Institute are excited to be the first practice in Austin with a laser of this kind. If you’re considering LASIK in Austin, give us a call at 800-MY-VISION and schedule your free consultation. Our team of surgeons is looking forward to helping you enjoy incredible vision with this breakthrough LASIK technology.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.. Lasik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Yaldo Eye Center in Toledo Ohio

    ReplyDelete